Future ship designs today
Despite being our most efficient form of transport, shipping still has considerable environmental impact. Therefore, we make the environmental impact one of the highest priorities when we design new vessels. The ships of the HERO (High Efficiency RoRo) class are the largest car transport vessels on the world’s oceans and can each carry 8,000 cars divided over 13 decks. Using innovative design and technology, the fuel consumption is reduced by at least 15 percent.
We provide expertise and service throughout the design phase and stay on site during the entire building phase. Our goal is to create ship design that will meet the standards of tomorrow concerning efficiency and emission control. To achieve this, our designers and developers work close together with the shipowner, partners, the shipyard and other teams within Wallenius Marine.
Ship design services
- Feasability studies – Detecting and evaluating customer needs, design concept, technical studies and more.
- Pre-contract & Basic design – Shipyard evaluations, negotiations and project specifications etc.
- Project Management – Shipowner’s representative towards shipyard and on site etc.
- Design Validation – Specification clarifications, rules verification, tests and trials and more.
- Site Supervision – Manning of site office, building inspections, sea trial and more.