Future ship designs today
Ship design is where it all happens. The first drawings that may change the whole world. Despite being our most efficient form of transport, shipping still leave a considerable environmental footprint. Therefore, we have the environmental impact and energy efficiency as our highest priorities when we design new vessels.
We provide expertise and service throughout the design phase and stay on site during the entire building phase. Our goal is to create ship design that will meet the standards of tomorrow concerning efficiency and emission control. To achieve this, our designers and developers work close together with the shipowner, partners, the shipyard, performance management and other teams within Wallenius Marine.
Ship design services
- Feasability studies – Detecting and evaluating customer needs, design concept, technical studies and more.
- Pre-contract & Basic design – Shipyard evaluations, negotiations and project specifications etc.
- Project Management – Shipowner’s representative towards shipyard and on site etc.
- Design Validation – Specification clarifications, rules verification, tests and trials and more.
- Site Supervision – Manning of site office, building inspections, sea trial and more.