Future ship designs today
Since the mid-nineties, we have designed and built more than seventy high performance RoRo vessels. All with lifespans of twenty to thirty years.
One of our strengths is we provide expertise and service throughout the design phase and we stay on site during the entire building phase. Our designers and developers are thinking ahead to create modern ships that meet the standards of tomorrow concerning efficiency and emission control.
During the entire process, we have close working relationships with the future shipowner, partners, other teams within Wallenius Marine and with the shipyards. The ultimate goal is to always achieve highest quality delivery with maximum cost-control during the process and lifelong sustainability in an ever evolving world of global infrastructure where shipping at sea plays an important role.
- Feasability studies – Detecting and evaluating customer needs, design concept, technical studies and more.
- Pre-contract & Basic design – Shipyard evaluations, negotiations and project specifications etc.
- Project Management – Shipowner’s representative towards shipyard and on site etc.
- Design Validation – Specification clarifications, rules verification, tests and trials and more.
- Site Supervision – Manning of site office, building inspections, sea trial and more.